EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn., Dec. 13, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Winnebago Industries, Inc. (NYSE: WGO), a leading manufacturer of outdoor lifestyle products, has released its 2022 Corporate Responsibility Report. This report provides third-party data verification to support our commitment to net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, and to further advance our approach to inclusion, diversity and equity. It details our ongoing progress in environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) priorities, including: Action, “all in, outdoors”.
On December 7, Winnebago Industries was named one of America’s Most Responsible Companies for 2023. Newsweek magazine and received external recognition for its ESG leadership. Out of thousands of US companies considered, only 500 were selected for this prestigious award. America’s Most Responsible Companies were selected based on publicly available key performance indicators derived from CSR reports, sustainability reports, other reports and independent research.
Winnebago Industries President and CEO Michael Happe said: “Through our teams at Winnebago, Grand Design, Chris Kraft, Neumar and Barletta, we are committed to investing in people and the planet for the long term. are playing a role in building a more sustainable and equitable future. We are delighted to have been recognized externally for our efforts by being named one of America’s Most Responsible Companies. ”
Winnebago Industries 2022 Corporate Responsibility Highlights:
- In 2021, Winnebago Industries will become a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact and Business Ambition 1.5.oC. Commit to setting science-based targets to pursue net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2050. The company has set goals to achieve net zero GHG emissions, zero waste to landfill and water reduction by 2050. In the 2022 report, from the calendar year baseline of 2020, he achieved on target an absolute reduction in GHG emissions of 5%, third-party verification of baseline data, and science-based targets. Initiative plan for 2023.
- Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) among our employees, the outdoor industry, and our communities is an unwavering commitment. Earlier this year, Winnebago Industries released “All In, Outdoors,” a roadmap for DEI advancement. In line with the CEO Action on Diversity and Inclusion signed into law in 2020, Winnebago Industries has expanded its commitment to creating a culture of representation and belonging. At the corporate board level, 20% of directors are women and 20% are racially or ethnically diverse. The company continued to work with his partners and female leaders in his equity led by Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) Outdoors. This includes expanding partnerships with Melanated Campout and the National African American RV Association.
- Winnebago Industries maintains a strong safety record and has worked to build a safety culture with a goal of zero harm. Since 2016, we have reduced our total recordable incident rate by 70%.
- The company and the Winnebago Industries Foundation have invested over $1.9 million in community organizations that promote outdoor equity, access, and social impact in communities. Since 2016, total donations have grown more than 20x his. Partnerships include the National Park Foundation, Outdoor Foundation, and No Barriers USA, which introduced the Winnebago ROAM with enhanced accessibility at the annual summit. A team of employee volunteers served their communities along with Habitat for Humanity affiliates in Indiana, Iowa and Florida.
- In 2022, Winnebago Industries will begin a pilot partnership to make camp wishes come true with the Make-a-Wish Foundation and RV Dealer Partners. From Colorado to Maine, our first hope was that children enjoyed the healing power of oneness in nature.
Stacey Bogart, senior vice president, general counsel, corporate secretary and corporate responsibility at Winnebago Industries, said: “With his bold commitment to people and planet, and the data that shows us where we are heading, we are well positioned to accelerate his progress in 2023.”
For more information on the Winnebago Industries 2022 Corporate Responsibility Report, please visit winnebagoind.com/responsibility.
About Winnebago Industries
Winnebago Industries, Inc. is a leading North American manufacturer of Winnebago, Grand Design, Chris-Craft, Newmar, and Barletta branded outdoor lifestyle products primarily used in leisure travel and outdoor recreational activities. The company manufactures quality campers, travel trailers, 5-wheel products, outboard and sterndrive powerboats, and commercial community he outreach vehicles. Winnebago Industries has multiple facilities in Iowa, Indiana, Minnesota and Florida. Our common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and trades under the symbol WGO. To access Winnebago Industries’ investor relations materials and to add your name to our automated email list for company news releases, please visit: http://investor.wgo.net.
Investor: Ray Posadas, firstname.lastname@example.org
Media: Amber Holm, email@example.com