- Published: Tue, Aug 02, 2022 08:42
The Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA), in collaboration with PwC France, has released the results of the 2022 European Risk Managers Survey. This result confirms that we are in a transition period where risk managers are becoming more involved in corporate strategy.
Charlotte Hedemark Hanke, Chairman of the FERMA Investigative Committee 2022, said: ”
The survey has now been conducted biennially for 20 years. It represents the most comprehensive view of professional risk managers across Europe.
Other key findings include:
- More frequent discussion of risk at board/management level.
- Two-thirds of risk managers have direct access to the CEO or through a line manager.
- Resilience is more than ever a top management priority, and as a result the role of risk managers is evolving.
- Risk managers have additional responsibilities, especially with respect to business continuity and crisis management.
- Regarding the transition to a digital and green Europe, collaboration between risk management and IT and information security has intensified over the past few years and is now a regular aspect of their work.
- Risk managers are also increasingly involved in sustainability issues and environmental, social and governance (ESG)-related risks.