NASHVILLE, Tennessee, Oct. 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated (NYSE:HR) today marks its fourth annual highlight of its Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives and achievements NextReleased Corporate Responsibility Report. This report outlines our progress towards key performance indicators in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and broadly aligns with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board. Contains disclosure. Notable achievements include:
- Reduce energy use by 6.9%, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 22.8% and water consumption by 13.9% in 2021, meeting the company’s 10% GHG reduction target compared to the 2016 baseline surpassed.
- Implementation of third-party assurance of environmental data
- Adds 15 new green building certifications in 2021, including IREM Certified Sustainable Properties and ENERGY STAR certifications
- In 2021, we will add LED lighting to 1 million square feet, a 23% year-over-year increase.
- The US Department of Energy’s 2022 Better Building Progress Report includes a case study highlighting our renewable energy program.
- Recognized in Nareit’s 2022 REIT Industry ESG Report, Featuring Initiatives to Improve Employee Health, Wellbeing and Culture
- Achieved our goal of having at least one-third of our Board of Directors comprised of women and/or members of minority groups.
- ESG Performance Targets Added to Our 2021 Executive Officer Incentive Program
“We are proud to have strengthened our ESG program, improved the quality and integrity of our environmental data, expanded our disclosures and undertaken new initiatives during a period of significant growth. Our merger with Trust of America (HTA) provides us with an incredible opportunity to apply best practices across a much larger portfolio, expanding our ability to make a positive impact on the environment.”
Healthcare Realty earned four GRESB Green Star rankings, scoring from 73 in 2021 to 80 in the 2022 assessment. The firm earned his GRESB Public Disclosure Rating of ‘A’, placing him second in a peer group of 10 healthcare properties. Companies on transparency in public reporting on sustainability practices.
HTA’s GRESB rating score of 42 in 2022 provides a meaningful opportunity to drive improvements across a larger portfolio. Going forward, Healthcare Realty will integrate his ESG data from his existing HTA portfolio to establish new baselines and targets for the combined company.
Healthcare Realty’s sustainability reports, principles and policies are available on its website at https://www.healthcarerealty.com/sustainability/.
Healthcare Realty Trust is a real estate investment trust that integrates the ownership, management, financing and development of income-generating real estate properties primarily related to the provision of ambulatory medical services throughout the United States. Upon the completion of the merger of Healthcare Realty and Healthcare Trust of America on July 20, 2022, the Company will have invested in more than 700 properties totaling over 40 million square feet and leased and leased over 30 million square feet. Provided property management services. Nationwide.
In addition to the historical information contained in this press release, the matters described in this press release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These risks are discussed in Healthcare Realty Trust filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including “Risk Factors” in its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2021. , updated in the next quarterly report. Then submit Form 10-Q. Forward-looking statements represent our judgment as of the date of this release. We disclaim any obligation to update any forward-looking statements.
Vice President of Investor Relations
Vice President of Corporate Responsibility