The Ronald McDonald House Charity of Greater Charlotte assists families with sick and injured children and provides them with the most needed assistance through three programs (Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald House Family Room on Carolines Corner, and Happy Wheels Hospitality Cart). Providing comfort and support at home during this time.
The Associate Director of Corporate Relations is a key member of the development team and works with all staff members to meet the organization’s annual fundraising goals. Focused on corporate giving, this position is responsible for actively identifying, developing, and growing relationships with corporations, corporations, corporate foundations, philanthropic organizations, and civic organizations. In addition to developing and implementing corporate recruitment and stewardship plans, this position will oversee and manage company-focused fundraising campaigns, initiatives, committees and events.
• Solicitation of direct corporate gifts to support annual, capital and event funding needs
• Develop and implement a corporate giving strategy and stewardship plan with the goal of maintaining and growing existing partnerships
• Collaborate with development, marketing and communications, volunteer and family program staff, in addition to other contacts in the organization, to identify, nurture and solicit new corporate partnerships
• Develop and execute corporate interests.establish and maintain a system for tracking the performance of partnership obligations;
• Collaborate with marketing and communications to create corporate endowment marketing materials to realize corporate benefits
• Work with the CEO to establish and grow relationships with assigned McDonald’s owner/operators and store employees
• Support the implementation of McDonald’s-specific campaigns and stewardship activities
• Work with development specialists to maintain accurate records and reports of McDonald’s assistance programs
Corporate campaign event
• Lead an annual corporate campaign involving the recruitment and management of committee volunteers (Big Max) to achieve corporate fundraising goals
• As project manager for Sport A Shirt and Share A Night campaigns, including oversight of corporate sponsorships, team sign-ups and sales tracking/management via SmartSheet
• Development lead for Red Shootout fundraising events, including overseeing corporate sponsorships and team sign-ups
• Support Jerseys & Jewels fundraising events through corporate sponsorships, auction monitoring, and other areas as appropriate.
• Develop strategies to connect and grow existing and new corporate partnerships using fundraising and networking events
• Look for opportunities for professional growth and development
• Represent the organization at public talks, networking events, and other community events as appropriate
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of experience in donor relations, corporate giving and event management operations
• Experience working directly with a non-profit organization
• Experience with Razor’s Edge preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Volunteer management experience.Ability to lead and delegate effectively to others
• Skills in recruiting and developing corporate sponsors and donors
• Good computer and technology skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
• Experience with Razor’s Edge preferred
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, current and potential donors/sponsors, media and the general public.Strong presentation and public speaking skills
• Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.Able to respond flexibly to changing priorities and deadlines
• Be organized, self-managed, and able to manage time and multitask. Strong project management skills. Basic financial management skills, including the ability to create and manage detailed budgets and achieve financial goals.Proven aptitude for attention to detail and precision
• Reading comprehension: Ability to deal with a wide variety of variables with limited standardization.Able to interpret various instructions
• Ability to perform basic mathematical skills to create and interpret data and graphs.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities:
No direct reports
The physical demands listed here are representative of what an employee must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees often have to stand while performing the duties of this job. Sit; extend hands and arms to speak and listen. Employees occasionally need to walk, use their hands to finger, handle, and feel. Employees often have to lift and move up to 10 pounds. The specific visual abilities required for this job include near vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and focusing ability.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].