November saw a number of notable hirings and personnel changes in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries. Read on for a roundup of some of the biggest moves that have crossed our desks.
Boehringer Ingelheim appoints new medical director. As reported on November 4th, Boehringer Ingelheim has brought in the former head of neuroscience at Novartis. Rikke Hinsch Gilvin (pictured below) assumed the role of Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer.success Medhi ShahidiGylvin has spent two years at Novartis, four years at AstraZeneca, and held senior positions at Roche, Novo Nordisk and Lundbeck.
AstraZeneca adopts EUCAN’s new SVP.Stephen Woxström is AstraZeneca’s new Senior Vice President of Europe and Canada, succeeding from the company’s Japan division. Iskra Like, will serve as EVP in Vaccines and Immunotherapy. A 26-year veteran of AstraZeneca, Woxström will lead sales, marketing and commercial operations in 30 European countries and Canada.
New CEO of Angelini Pharma.Jacopo Andreas The Italian company announced last month that it will take over as CEO of Angelini Pharma, a subsidiary of Angelini Industries, in February 2023. Andreose is from Gilead Sciences where he served as Senior Vice President of Intercontinental Operations. Prior to that, he worked for GlaxoSmithKline, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Abbott.he will take over from the interim CEO Sergio Marullo di Condoianni.
Hired two people at Almiral. Skin health-focused biopharmaceutical Almirall announced a CEO change in early November, Gianfranco Nazzi I am resigning “to pursue new professional opportunities”. Carlos GallardoChairman of the Board takes over as Acting CEO and the company begins looking for a permanent successor for Nazzi.
Later that month, Almiral announced: Mercedes Diaz Promoted to Vice President of Corporate Strategy. Diaz has been with Almirall since 2002, most recently as Senior Director of Corporate Strategy. Prior to 2022, he held sales and marketing positions at Pfizer, Allergan, DuPont He Pharma, and Johnson & Johnson.
Another CEO shakeup. In November, more than five other pharmaceutical and biotech companies announced CEO changes.
- Oxsonics Therapeutics, which provides an ultrasound-based drug delivery platform, Jerome Marzinski, Director of Cimon Medical and former CEO of Visiometrics, an eye diagnostics company, held the top position.
- Atriva Therapeutics, a host-targeted antiviral focused biopharmaceutical, announced: Christian Pangratz Retired as co-founder and CEO in January Reiner Lichtenberger.
- Clinical diagnostics specialist Novacyt says its CEO David Allmond I am resigning to pursue other opportunities.CFO James McCarthy Appointed as President and Representative Director.
- Imophoron, which focuses on next-generation nanoparticle products, was founded by Fred Garzoni stepping into the role of chief scientific officer, Richard Bungay in a big chair. Bungay previously served as CEO of Chroma Therapeutics and COO of Mereo Biopharma.
- VectorY, a biopharmaceutical working on vectorized antibody therapies for neurodegenerative diseases, hires co-founder and former CTO Thunder Van Deventer as the new CEO. moreover, Risso Elena Chief Executive Officer, barbara sanders I will take over the vacant CTO position.
Other biopharmaceutical employment. A number of other smaller biopharmaceutical companies have announced hiring of C-Suites and senior management elsewhere. Here are the key details of these appointments:
- Appointed by ADC Therapeutics, manufacturer of antibody-drug conjugates including Ginlonta Kristen Harrington-Smith as Chief Commercial Officer peter graham as Chief Legal Officer.
- Immunology Expert Acelyrin Appoints Chief Financial Officer and Chief Business Officer Mardi C. Dear (exchange Gil Lablouchrie) and Chief Legal and Administrative Officer Kim Mina.
- Named by Quell Therapeutics to develop Treg cell therapy for immune diseases Luke DebbieJanssen, Celgene and GSK veteran and Chief Medical Officer.
- Appointed by molecular genetic diagnostics company Mainz Biomed Amy Levinin the role of former Roche Vice President of Regulatory Affairs.
- With a focus on viral disease prevention and detection, Virax Biolabs Richard Palin As Vice President of In Vitro Diagnostics Sales.
- Pharmanovia, which works with partners to commercialize specialty therapeutics, Nivedita Valentine Vice President of Product Innovation.
- Adopted by Incyte Biosciences peter williams As General Manager for UK and Ireland.
- Amarin Pharmaceuticals Hires AZ Vet Scott Curley As General Manager for UK and Ireland.
- Sanitizer manufacturer SpectrumX appointed Sheena Powell As Regional Account Manager for our growing sales team.
See our other roundups for news on hiring agencies, consultants, investors and suppliers.